Thursday, October 04, 2007

JC 6'10" Equalizer - Surftech


Size: 6'10" X 20" X 2 1/2"


This board was light for its size. The nose rocker is pretty well blended so it catches waves smoothly. I found it very stiff with poor projection out of turns. At my 170lbs I think this board needs a bigger more powerful surfer to get the most out of it. I found with the wide nose and tail it was pretty hard to pump and get some speed. It was also a quite a stiff board.


That said my buddy who bought it after me is way lighter, rode it to death for a full year (he came was coming off a 7'6") and still got his money back on the board when he sold it on. An that was 3 owners later! So they are pretty indestructable. But you need a bit of weight behind you to throw it about.


If stiff boards are your thing and you are big enough, this could be a pretty good board.



Rating: 3/5

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this was a progression board for me coming from a 7 6.but it was a bit like going out with a girl for to long and realised you should have ditch her earler when you find somthing beter.this board is easy to catch waves with, and can charge along side the longboarders.i droped in on a surfbuddys wave of the day thinking i could pull away,insted he flew past me saying my board was a slug,and some other stuff.i needed speed
it had to go.

Anonymous said...

i understand te fact that the tuflight technology makes the board very light, but isn't that annoying and cluttering when you gain some speed?

Unknown said...

I ride a 5'10 Firewire and wanted a big wave board, i weigh 190lb, any of you ride it in the big stuff, over double head? I see there is one on sale locally quite cheap - aoesimon@gmail.com